What do you do when you've attracted a lovely person into your life and now you're terrified you're going to blow it? Or, terrified it's going to end?
Arm yourself with the following strategies, and you're sure to blow it in a relationship right from the start.
1. Assume the person is your soul mate immediately upon meeting or shortly thereafter. Look for signs that faith has brought you together and be amazed by the correlations in yourlives.
2. Forget about your life, your friends, your self-care. When you have a soul mate, why would you need a life outside of the relationship?
3. Reveal everything, and test your partner with your worst behavior. Let it all hang out. After all, if this is truly your soul mate, he or she will love you no matter what.
4. Have sex right away. If you are meant to be together for a lifetime, you might as well get started on the fun part right away.
5. Ignore anything about your partner that does not mesh with your values, lifestyle, or belief system. True love can conquer such insignificant differences.
6. Do lots of drama together. Job, family, and life crises are great ways to establish a relationship and test whether or not you are meant to be together.
7. Spend as much time together as possible. When it's true love, you can't bear to let your partner out of your sight.
8. Ignore behavior that crosses your boundaries or hurts your feelings. It's true love, so it's ok.
9. Lavish a huge amount of attention on your partner or expect a huge amount of attention to be lavished on you. How else would you act if you finally found your soul mate?
10. Push the relationship forward and demand that it go deeper, in spite of where your partner is emotionally. You have the right to havethe relationship be exactly how you want it to be and your soul mate owes you that.
If you want some insurance that your new relationship has every chance of making it, be…
On the other hand, your relationship may end no matter what you do. But being in fear it will end actually makes the end more likely. To eradicate this fear, let go of the attachment that the person you are with be the right person. Simply be with him or her one day at a time.
About the Author: (c) Rinatta Paries, 1998-2002. Do you know how to attract your ideal mate? Do you know how to build a fulfilling relationship, or how to reinvent yours to meet your needs? Relationship Coach Rinatta Paries can teach you the skills and techniques to attract and sustain long-term, healthy partnerships. Visit www.WhatItTakes.com where you'll find quizzes, classes, advice and a free weekly ezine. Become a "true love magnet(tm)!"