7 Ways to Celebrate with Romance
Do you have a special romantic moment coming up?
Whether the two of you are marking a promotion, graduation, or anniversary, you can turn your celebration into a romantic event with just a little planning.
You may not have the time or money to make a week-long vacation to mark the occasion, but you can make your celebration a special romantic day.
Try these tips for your next special occasion:
1. Blindfoldyour lover and drive to a surprise destination. Offertantalizing clues along the way but don't give out thesecret until you reach your destination--whether it's alocal B&B, a downtown hotel, Hawaii vacation resort or a special campground.
2. Gift wrapa present for your lover.
Sneakily talk with the waiterbefore your food arrives and ask him to slip the presentin one of the dishes--perhaps in the roll basket or abasket of tortilla chips.
3. Surpriseyour mate after a restaurant dinner with a cake you'vepre-ordered.
4. Surprise your lover with a one-night vacation.
Rent a room at a local hotel (even a budget motel) and decorate it with some five star goodies: a bottle of champagne, some chilled shrimp, fresh strawberries, cheese, French bread, whatever you like.
Pack an overnight bag for each of you. Pick up your partner from work for a special surprise "night out."
5. Book the honeymoon suite in a local hotel.
6. Turn yourhome bedroom into a romantic enclave for the night. Buysatin sheets, fresh flowers, tea candles, and a romantic CD to set the mood.
7. Hire alimousine for your special evening out.
About the Author: Husband and wife team Paris Permenter and John Bigley have authored over 20 guidebooks and also edit the FREE Lovetripper.com , a romantic travel magazine featuring worldwide destinations