How to Organize a Romantic Picnic for Two
Other important picnic items:
· Do not forget a picnic blanket. A picnic blanket protects your clothing from dirt or grass stains and ants. A picnic blanket is also great if you are having an evening meal – you can use it for warmth once the temperatures drop. Of course, there are other ways to stay warm, as well...
· Remember to bring utensils, plates, napkins, glasses. Many picnic baskets come ready with these items. If you have a picnic basket that comes with these items, be sure to wash them before you use them.
Additional items to consider taking on a picnic:
· Music. Depending on where you are having your picnic, you ought to consider bringing along a portable music device. Sometimes, though, just listening to nature and to each other is enough. If you play the guitar, bring it (but leave the piano at home...)
· Frisbee or games. Your picnic does not have to end once the food is gone. Bring along cards or other games. If you are picnicking in the mountains, bring along some sturdy shoes so that you can explore. Bring along a towel for an unexpected swim (or rain shower).
· Your camera. Capture the moment. Take a picture of your date as he or she is silhouetted by the setting sun. Photograph the piece of chocolate cake that you accidentally smeared across your date's surprised face.
· Bug spray and sun block. You never can be too safe. The most important “item” to bring on your picnic:· Your date! Remember, a bad date can ruin a good picnic! (Just kidding)
About the Author:
Anne Clarke writes numerous articles for websites on gardening, parenting, fashion, and home decor. For more of her articles on picnics, please visit Picnic Baskets.
page 2 of 2
More on Romantic Getaway