* " This is something you want to pursue- have an interest in the person"
* "Friends with benefits can lead to dating or be considered a date"
* "Hooking-up is not dating"
How does a woman know if a guy is really interested?
* " He will pursue her"
* " No matter what, he will keep in contact"
* " He communicates regularly and pursues a dating relationship"
How does a guy let a woman know he is not/no longer interested?
* " He will vanish"
* " Email or call but not bring up getting together"
* "Say I had a great time, etc.- but then not call"
*"Won't return calls or call when he said he would"
* "Talk with her about how he is feeling/not feeling, but this is hard for many men to do"
* "Has to do with his age and level of maturity-these will determine which way he will handle it"
Why/when do guys marry? See also how to get a guy to marry you
* " It's about maturity and readiness"
* " Age and what friends are doing plays a large role"
* " Has to do with readiness for making a commitment and having kids, etc."
* " Heeds to feel financially, emotionally ready"
* " Needs to really click with a woman- on all levels"
* "timing is a lot of it"
The content of the feedback from these guys was very consistent.
The overall consensus?
High-maintenance, negative women are the biggest turn-offs.
Confident, together women, who take care of themselves, can communicate honestly and directly and are easy to be with - got the highest marks. Make him fall deeply in love with this
Timing in relationships plays a huge role. Mostly, the men emphasized that when a guy is truly interested in a woman, he will pursue her and let her know.
If he offers excuses and doesn't follow through, he's just not interested- either in her or in a relationship at this time.
My advice to the women out there. "Listen" closely to what he communicates non-verbally. If he says one thing, but does another, he is not telling you the whole truth.
If you have just begun dating someone or have seen him for a while and his behavior towards you changes suddenly- address this with him immediately.
Most of all, if something just doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Trust your instincts and let them be your guide.
About the Author:
Toni Coleman, MSW is a licensed psychotherapist and relationship coach who has been quoted in many publications including: The Chicago Tribune and The Orlando Sentinel newspapers and Family Circle, Woman's Day, and Star magazines. She has been featured on ABC News; Discovery Health Channel and AOL Online. She is a weekly contributing commentator on the KTRS Radio Morning Show, (St. Louis, MO). Toni founded Consum-mate.com in 2002.
Make him fall deeply in love with this
You can also read The Man Who Said He'd Call and Didn't, or, Why Men Text Instead Of Call After First Date, Never Send A Man A Long Email